Vegan Pistachio Loaf Cake
This moist Vegan Pistachio Loaf Cake is light, loaded with nutty flavour of pistachios and vibrancy of fresh lemon. This cake is so good and soft that you won't resist another slice.
- 3/4 cup / 180 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup / 80 grams ground pistachio nuts
- 2 cups / 240 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup / 120 grams sugar
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup / 120 grams powder sugar
- 1/4 cup / 40-60 ml lemon juice
- 1/2 cup / 50 grams chopped pistachios
Preheat the oven to 160ºC/ 350ºF and grease loaf pan with vegetable oil or butter.
In a food processor blend the pistachio until finely ground. In a mixing bowl add flour, ground pistachios, baking powder, and sugar.
In a separate bowl whisk together the vegetable oil and plant-based milk.
Pout the wet ingredients into a dry mixture and fold until just combined. Add some chopped pistachios into the batter and pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until slightly brown on the top. Let it cool completely in the loaf pan, around 3 hours.
Before serving, whisk the powder sugar with lemon juice and drizzle over the cake. Top with chopped pistachio and serve.