This creamy, warming and nourishing bowl of Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal is the perfect healthy breakfast! If you love healthy chocolate recipes you will love this chocolate oatmeal loaded with chocolate, maple syrup, and almond butter, It’s like eating dessert for breakfast. Plus the oatmeal is vegan friendly and gluten-free.
I can not imagine anything better than a warming bowl of oatmeal on the cold and rainy morning (hello spring)! To be honest I find it much harder to get up and start my day during those days so I need some yummy breakfast to keep me going. Well, this is the perfect situation to make this creamy, wholesome, healthy, and effortless Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal!
It’s super easy and quick to make, all you need is 10 minutes and a few simple ingredients. Plus this recipe is healthy, vegan, and gluten-free, so suits any type of diet. Let’s get started.
- Rolled Oats – you can use GF Oats if you are gong for gluten free version.
- Almond/Oat/Soya Milk – any type of milk in this recipe works well, I used unsweetened Oat milk.
- Maple Syrup – pure maple syrup works the best, I would recommend to stick to it.
- Water – this is optional but I mix milk with water to make the oatmeal a bit more healthier.
- Cacao Powder – us high qulity unsweetened cacao powder to achive a brownie liek taste.
- Almond Butter – feel free to use any type of nuts or nut butter as a toopping.
HOW TO MAKE THE VEGAN CHOCOLATE OATMEAL
This oatmeal recipe is super easy, I prefer to make my oatmeal over the stovetop rather than in the microwave. It’s easy and made the creamiest oats ever.
- In a small pan add rolled oats, maple syrup, plant-based milk, cacao powder and water.
- Heat over medium heat and stir occasionally. Cook for 5-6 minutes until creamy.
- Transfer the prepared porridge into a bowl, top with almond butter, hemp seeds, and your favourite fruit. Enjoy!
Watch the video instructions below
IS THIS CHOCOLATE OATMEAL HEALTHY?
Yes! This recipe is made with half of the milk and with no added sugar. If you want to add more protein in I like to add one scoop of chocolate whey protein in the oatmeal. It makes the meal even more nourishing.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES TO TRY
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Chocolate Baked Oats (Vegan)
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Fluffy Vegan Almond Pancakes
- Immune Boosting Green Smoothie
Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal
- 1 Small Pot
- 1 serving bowl
- 1 cup / 120 grams quick oats
- 1/4 cup / 20 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup / 250 ml almond milk
- 1 cup / 250 ml water
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Add the oats, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and almond milk to a small saucepan.
- Stir together on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until the oats are cooked.
- Serve immediately and top with your favourite toppings