This is the perfect dessert to impress your guests with! This Vegan Chocolate Mousse is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make, creamy and smooth and ready in less than 10 minutes.
I have always been a big fan of chocolate mousse so I decided to recreate a vegan version. Let me tell you, it’s even easier (and tastier) than a normal one. Creamy, flavourful and silky coconut milk with smooth vegan chocolate is a combination made in heaven. It is the creamiest chocolate mousse you will ever eat! Plus it is the perfect light after-dinner treat you can serve to your guests, family or partner.
- Full Fat Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream
- Cacao Powder
- Almond or Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chunks
How to make the Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This is honestly one of the easiest recipes you will find. All you need is one bowl, mixer or balloon whisk and 5 minutes.
Place the coconut cream (the thick part of the coconut milk) into a large bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy around 2 minutes. Stiff in the cacao powder to remove any lumps. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and almond/peanut butter. Whip very carefully until just combined, avoid over mixing the chocolate mousse. If you whip too long the mouse will be dense and not fluffy.
Divide the mousse into 4 serving glasses and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Before serving top with whipped coconut cream and chocolate.
Either refrigerate the coconut milk can overnight, or open it and freeze for about 10 minutes to separate the water from the coconut cream. Carefully remove the coconut cream from the tin and place it into a mixing bowl. Also, make sure to use high-quality coconut milk, otherwise, the water might be mixed in the milk.
DO NOT OVERMIX – Whip the mousse really carefully until just combined, avoid over mixing the chocolate mousse. If you overmix the mousse it is likely that the mousse will be dense and heavy.
I would recommend sticking to the recipe but you can leave out the almond/peanut butter.
You can also swap for non-vegan version chocolate if you are not vegan.
MORE VEGAN RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 Ingredients Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Balloon Whisk
- Serving Glasses
- 2 cups / 500 ml coconut cream
- 1/4 cup / 40 grams cacao powder
- 1/4 cup / 40 grams almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup / 50ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped Chocolate
- Whipped Coconut Cream
- Place the coconut cream into a large bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stiff in the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond/peanut butter.
- Whip carefully until just combined.
- Transfer the mousse into serving glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Before serving top with whipped coconut cream and chopped chocolate.