Vegan Blueberry Pancakes has become my favourite weekend treat! They are simple, easy to make, fluffy and topped with juicy blueberries and maple syrup.
If I had to choose my favourite pancakes it would probably be these blueberry pancakes. I will probably start to make these pretty much every weekend. Even though they are vegan, made without eggs they are still so light and fluffy. SO if you are looking for healthy vegan pancakes this recipe is right for you. They are perfect for Sunday brunch and you can enjoy them with whatever you like. Or you can try my favourite Vegan Oatmeal Pancakes instead.
Another thing I like about these pancakes is that they are whole grain and kinda healthy. Yes, healthy! I used spelt flour in this recipe that is packed with nutrients but feel free to swap for wholewheat or just regular plain flour. For the gluten-free version, you can use buckwheat flour. They also have added a superfood plant-based protein blend which I love from Press Healthy Foods!
- Spelt or Buckwheat flour (GF)
- Plant Based Protein Blend
- Fresh Blueberries
- Plant Based Milk – I used Oat Milk
- Chia Seeds Egg or Flaxseed Egg
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil for cooking
Let the batter rest – I always rest my batter for at least 5 minutes before cooking. This allows the flour to absorb all the liquid and make them so fluffy.
Be patient while cooking – Cook the pancakes on low/medium heat and flip once the pancakes have a little bubble forming on the top. This will ensure that you will perfectly flip the pancakes and won’t pour your batter everywhere.
DO NOT overmix the batter – This is a really important step. Mix the batter just until everything is incorporated. If you overmix the batter the pancakes will be dense and not so delicious.
Can I substitute any ingredients?
Yes, you can use any plant-based milk in this recipe. Sometimes I used Almond or Soya milk. You can also use any type of flour you have (spelt, buckwheat, plain, wholemeal).
More healthy recipes for you to try
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Vegan Oatmeal Pancakes
- Chocolate Baked Oats
- Pecan Pie Pancakes
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Mixing Bowl
- Balloon Whisk
- Non-stick Skillet
- 1 cup / 120 g spelt flour (or buckwheat, wholewheat or plain flour)
- 1 scoop / 15 grams plant-based protein blend (you can leave it out or add more flour)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon / 15 g sweetener (coconut sugar or maple syrup)
- 1 cup / 250 ml almond milk
- 1 flax or chia egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds mixed in 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup / 50 g fresh blueberries
- Coconut oil to grease the pan
- Fresh Blueberries
- Maple Syrup
- Vegan Yoghurt
- In a bowl mix the flour, protein powder and baking powder together.
- Pour in the milk, flax/chia egg and maple syrup.
- Gently mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Stir in the blueberries and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over low/medium heat.
- Pour a ¼ cup of the batter into the pan letting it cook for 2 minutes until small bubbles start to form.
- Flip and cook for another 1 minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with vegan yoghurt, fresh blueberries and drizzle with maple syrup.