Rocket and strawberry salad with a balsamic strawberry vinaigrette is fresh, light and perfect for sharing. You can add any ingredients you like, or example goat cheese, feta or burrata.
Summer essentials: ROCKET & STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE. I love having light and refreshing dishes during summer and this recipe is a perfect as a side dish or a light healthy dinner. With fresh and luscious balsamic strawberry vinaigrette this recipe will became your favourite summer salad
This recipe is easy to prepare and totally customisable. If you want to upgrade this salad you can add goat cheese, feta or burrata cheese.
- Rocket – Rocket or Arugula is a bitter salad which is perfect for refreshing summer salad or as a side dish.
- Fresh Strawberries – Sweet and juicy strawberries works well with bitterer rocket salad in this recipe. We will also use strawberries to make homemade vinaigrette
- Pecan Nuts – Pecans adds nice crunchiness to the salad and makes such a great combination with strawberry vinaigrette.
- Macadamia Oil – Ever since I discovered macadamia oil I use it for everything! It has a nutty flavour and works great in bad goods as well as savoury recipes. You can use olive oil or avocado oil instead.
- Maple Syrup – To add sweetness to the vinaigrette I used 1 tbsp of maple syrup. You can use honey if not vegan.
- Lemon Juice – Always use fresh lemon juice!
- Watermelon – I added pieces of watermelon for even more freshness!
- Sea Salt – Sea salt works the best.
How to make the Rocket and Strawberry Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
Start by preparing the vinaigrette. In a mixing bowl add the strawberries, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, macadamia oil, and maple syrup and blend until smooth and combined.
To assemble the salad, place the rocket into a serving bowl, add vinaigrette and mix until all leaves are covered. Top with chopped strawberries, pecan nuts, and any other topping you like.
How to store the Rocket and Strawberry Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
I would recommend eating the recipe immediately as the rocket leaves won’t stay fresh if you will be eating this salad later.
Can I substitute any ingredients?
In this recipe there is not much you can substitute. However, you can definitely add any extra ingredients into the recipe like goat cheese, burrata or feta. You can also use olive oil instead of macadamia oil.
More healthy lunch and dinner recipes to try
Rocket & Strawberry Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- 2 cups / 120 grams rocket
- 1 cups / 300 grams fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml maple syrup
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup / 30 grams Pecan Nuts
- Feta Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Start by preparing the vinaigrette.
- In a mixing bowl add the strawberries, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, macadamia oil and maple syrup and blend until smooth and combined.
- To assemble the salad, place rocket into serving bowl, add vinaigrette and mix until all leaves are covered.
- Top with copped strawberries, pecan nuts and any other topping you like