This Immune Boosting Green Ginger Smoothie is the perfect drink when you feel under weather. Packed with organic and wholesome ingredients like spinach, ginger, banana, maple syrup, oat milk, and pineapple. Enjoy the smoothie for breakfast or a nourishing snack.
Smoothies have always been on my weekly menu, even during winter. This smoothie is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and immunity-boosting properties. Green smoothies are also perfect for the flu and cold season ahead. You can customize this smoothie to your taste and add your favorite smoothie ingredients like frozen berries, avocado chunks, or a spoon of chia seeds.
In this recipe, I used a ginger shot from Press Juices instead of fresh ginger, and it makes the smoothie even easier. Ginger shots contain a high level of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. They are a great way to boost your immune system during winter and achieve your 5 a day. I also love Vitamin C and D shots from Press Juices, they are loaded with vitamins and anti-inflammatory properties to support your immune system.
For this recipe, you need a few simple ingredients that you can get in your local supermarket. If you are missing some ingredients feel free to swap for alternatives.
- Ginger Shot or Fresh Ginger
- Maple Syrup
- Oat Milk
- Optionally: Turmeric, Pomegranate Seeds, Chia Seeds
How to make the smoothie
- Mix: Add all the ingredients for smoothie in a high speed blender.
- Blend: Blend the smoothie on high until smooth and creamy. Run your blender for at least 3-4 minutes to reach smooth consistency.
- Taste: Taste the smoothie and add more maple syrup if needed. Optionally add more milk if the smoothie is too thick for you.
- Serve: I served this smoothie with poomegranate seeds to add even more antioxiidants and vitamins.
Video Step by Step Instructions
Why this smoothie will bost your immunity
This smoothie is loaded with wholesome and nourishing ingredients like spinach, ginger, banana, pineapple.
- Spinach has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous properties. It can restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood.
- Ginger is full of powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It helps prevent various types of nausea, and can be beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
- Banana contains a large amount of fiber and several antioxidants. They can moderate blood sugar levels and support digestive health.
- Pomegranate Seeds have the largest amount of anti-inflammatory properties, boosting your immunity.
More Healthy Recipes for you to try
- Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes (Vegan)
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Baked Oats
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Immune Boosting Green Ginger Smoothie
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup / 120 grams frozen pineapple
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 ginger shot or fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup / 180 ml oat milk
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml maple syrup or honey
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- In a blender mix banana, pineapple, milk, ginger shot, maple syrup, and spinach.
- Mix on high until smooth and creamy around 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into 2 glasses.
- Top with chia seeds and fresh pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!