Discover the easy way to make homemade pumpkin puree in just 10 minutes and delicious ways how you can use the pumpkin puree in everyday cooking.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree is my absolute favourite, it’s so easy to make, versatile and you can make it in a batch. I am not a big fan of store-bought pumpkin puree as it’s overpriced and not as fresh as homemade one. If you haven’t tried to make one at home this recipe is definitely for you to save.
I will also show you many ways how you can use pumpkin puree, from sweet baked treats to pasta sauces and pumpkin latte! Let’s get started.
Pumpkin Health Benefits
How to make the Pumpkin Puree
Make a pumpkin puree from scratch is super easy. For the pumpkin puree, you will need one pumpkin (doesn’t matter what type, I like to use Butternut Squash) and optionally olive oil or salt for roasting.
Follow these few simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C
- Slice the pumpkin into halves
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and
- Roast the pumpkin on a baking sheet, cut-side down for 40-60 minutes
- Blend the pumpkin in food processor or high speed blender
- Store the pumpkin puree in refrigerator, freezer or use immidiately
Tips and Tricks to Make the Pumpkin Puree
Make sure that the pumpkin is ripe. You can determine if a pumpkin is ripe by checking the colour, sound or stem. The stem should be hard and pumpkin fully orange.
Roast the pumpkin properly to avoid hard bits in the puree. The pumpkin is perfectly roasted when the fork easily pierces the outer skin.
Use a high-speed blender or food processor to get smooth and creamy pumpkin puree. I prefer to use a food processor.
How to use Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Puree is truly versatile and you can use it in savoury and sweet dishes. I will share with you my go-to list of recipe ideas with pumpkin puree:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins/Cupcakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
- Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Granola
- Pumpkin Cheescake Crepes
- Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
I could literally go on and on with all the pumpkin recipes I have on my mind! If you are up for some pumpkin recipes here are my few favourites from the blog.
My favorite recipes using pumpkin puree
- Vegan Maple Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
- Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
Pumpkin Puree from Scratch
- 1 pumpkin any type
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C and line a bakings sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the pumpkin into halves.
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and Roast the pumpkin on a baking sheet, cut-side down for 40-60 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly for 10 minutes and transfer the pumpkin into a food processor.
- Blend the pumpkin in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Store the pumpkin puree in the refrigerator, freezer or use it immediately.