These Healthy Crepes with Greek Yoghurt are soft, tender and super easy to make! Load with greek yoghurt, fresh raspberries, chia seeds and honey makes a delicious healthy breakfast!
I love crepes and I wish I could have them for breakfast every day! So that’s why I developed this healthier crepes recipe that you can enjoy guilt-free any time of the week, not just Sunday. You can have both the yummy, healthy crepes that taste amazing, and if you don’t believe you have to try them!
- Whole Wheat Spelt Flour
- Unsweetened Plant Based Milk
- Greek Yoghurt 0% Fat
- Chia Seeds
Are there crepes healthy?
Yes! I swapped some ingredients to make them healthier. Instead of plain flour, I used Whole Wheat Spelt Flour which is higher in fibre.
I cut out the unnecessary fat by not adding oil/butter into the crepes butter. If you use a non-stick pan you don’t even need to use oil to brush the pan.
By adding the greek yoghurt, the crepes are loaded with protein and keep you full for longer.
To avoid any lumps in the crepes batter add 100 ml of the milk at a time. Alternatively, you can use a blender to mix the crepe batter.
Let the batter rest for 30 minutes as this allows the flour to absorb the moisture, resulting in more tender crepes.
Cook the crepes on low-medium heat so they do not cook fast and burn. Be patient before flipping them!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE ANY INGREDIENTS?
Yes, you can use any plant-based milk in this recipe. Sometimes I used Almond or Soya milk. You can also use any type of flour you have (spelt, buckwheat, plain, wholemeal).
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY
Healthy Crepes with Greek Yoghurt
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Skillet
- Balloon Whisk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup / 150 grams whole wheat spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup / 300 ml plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup / 100 grams raspberries
- 1/2 cup / 150 grams greek yoghurt 0% fat
- chia seeds
- In a bowl add the flour and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add 100 ml of milk and mix until lump-free thick dough forms.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and mix until fully combined.
- Heat crepe pan over medium heat and brush with coconut oil
- Pour the prepared crepe batter and swirl to coat the pan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top the crepes with greek yoghurt, raspberries, honey, and chia seeds.