These Healthy Brownie Cookies are soft, gooey and simply the best vegan cookies you’ll ever try. If you are looking for a healthy and nourishing vegan snack involving chocolate this recipe is for you. And who don’t want to eat brownies in the cookies version?
These Vegan Chocolate Brownie cookies are super easy to make, it takes like 10 minutes to throw them together. And the best thing is that you can freeze the cookies and make them anytime you like!
WHY TRY OUT THIS RECIPE
- Brownie gooey texture – these cookies have the gooiest and fudge centre! What a dream cookie right?
- Crispy cookies edges – As every tasty cookie, these have an irresistible crispy edge that will melt in your mouth.
- Easy and quick treat – this is one of the easiest recipes you’ll find for cookies. Mix everything in one bowl and you re good to go.
- Chocolate explosion – have anyone said that they need a chocolate fix? Well sometimes I am craving chocolate so badly that I need to make a batch of these cookies! You can also make just half amount for this recipe.
- Healthy treat – if you still want to enjoy chocolate but in more satiyng and healthy way this is the right recipe. It is chocolatey but still made from wholesome ingredients.
- High-quality dark chocolate – I used dark chocolate with a cacao solid of 60%.
- Peanut Butter – You can swap for any type of nut butter you like like almond, hazelnut or cashew.
- Unsweetened Cacao Powder – Make sure to use unsweetened and organic cacao powder. Duch processed cacao powder works best in these cookies, to achieve a rich and chocolatey taste.
- Oat Flour – Oat flour will work the best but feel free to substitute with GF, Whole Wheat or Almond flour.
- Flax Eggs – In this recipe I used flax eggs. You can make your own my mixing 1 tbsp of flaxsed with 2 1/2 tbsp water.
- Maple Syrup – To sweeten these cookies I used maple syrup. If you are not vegan you can swap for any other liquid sweeetener like honey.
- Coconut Sugar – Sugar gives cookies gooye texture.
- Sea Salt – To combat the sweet flavour the sea salt is the way to go. Salt balances the sweet flavour and makes them irresistible.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE ANY INGREDIENTS?
I would recommend you to follow the recipe. However, if you are not vegan you make these cookies with regular eggs and with honey.
You can also use any type of flour in these cookies. The oat flour will work the best but feel free to substitute with GF or Plain flour.
HOW TO STORE THESE HEALTHYCHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Don’t store these cookies in the refrigerator as they will become dense and heavy and we don’t want that!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 Ingredients Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Healthy Brownie Cookies (Vegan)
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2 1/2 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml maple syrup
- 1/4 cup / 50 grams coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup / 120 grams creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup / 70 grams Oat flour Substitute for Gluten Free or Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons / 30 grams unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 cup / 80 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flax egg, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients using a spatula and mix until combined.
- Then fold in your chopped chocolate.
- Form the dough into a ball and then press down to flatten onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on the lined baking sheet.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.