If you are looking for a delicious weekend breakfast, try out these Fluffy Almond Vegan Pancakes! Not only the pancakes are gluten-free, but they are also super easy to make and so delicious.
- Plain Flour
- Almond Flour
- Plant-Based Milk
- Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Butter
TIPS TO MAKE FLUFFY PANCAKES
Let the batter rest – I always rest my batter for at least 5 minutes before cooking. This allows the flour to absorb all the liquid and make them so fluffy.
Be patient while cooking – Cook the pancakes on low/medium heat and flip once the pancakes have a little bubble forming on the top. This will ensure that you will perfectly flip the pancakes and won’t pour your batter everywhere.
DO NOT overmix the batter – This is a really important step. Mix the batter just until everything is incorporated, even if you have some lumps left in the batter. If you overmix the batter the pancakes will be dense and not so delicious.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE ANY INGREDIENTS?
Yes, you can use any plant-based milk in this recipe. Sometimes I used Almond or Soya milk. You can also use any type of flour you have (spelt, buckwheat, plain, wholemeal).
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes, this recipe is made from almond flour, plant-based milk and fresh strawberries. If you want to cut out some calories, do not use oil when cooking the pancakes. If you have a non-stick skillet you don’t need any extra oil. You can also top the pancakes just with strawberries and vegan yoghurt instead of almond butter and maple syrup.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY
Fluffy Almond Vegan Pancakes
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Non-stick Skillet
- 1 Balloon Whisk
- 3/4 cup 100 grams plain flour
- 1/2 cup 40 grams almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup 245 ml plant-based milk (pistachio milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil + more for the pan
- 1 tablespoon / 20 grams Almond Butter
- Maple Syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, plain flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients.
- Then pour wet ingredients to dry.
- Gently mix until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan with coconut oil over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto a nonstick pan.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm topped with almond butter, strawberries and maple syrup.